|135 by LA based artist Michelle Oppenheimer|
I am expanding on my color matching tips from my Toujours Magazine Color Issue article to give you more advice on mixing color of the year Tangerine Tango with other complimentary hues. I could not have found a better representation of my first tangerine tango color blend than this painting by LA based artist Michelle Oppenheimer. I love how she uses color and I am a big fan of the emotion behind her art. Be sure to check out her site if you love colorful abstract art as well.
|Fabrics by Duralee|
- Keep walls neutral with modern grays. I will share my favorite gray paint colors in a future post.
- Use fabrics as a way to introducing a blend of purple and fuchsia into the space.
- Look for coffee table books in these hues as colorful accents. Always remove the paper jacket to see if an interesting color is hiding underneath.
- Happy hued boxes, throws and candles in these colors are also easily found to add spice.
- Consider covering a pillow in a solid purple fabric with a contrasting orange welt.
Hope these tips were helpful! Let me know if you have other questions.