I have been working on kitchen and bathroom remodel projects lately and these are a few beauties that I would love to install in my own home. I am completely obsessed with calacutta marble! Most people love carrara marble but the warm tones of calacutta are really catching my eye lately. Calacutta marble works well with back in style brass hardware or nickel. The hexagon tile and smaller 2x4 subway tiles are also at the top of my list and repeating a similar pattern with octagon shaped hardware completes the look. The combination of the crystal faucets and glam rock crystal sconces provide the sophisticated glamour that every bathroom deserves. If you are considering either marbles, below are a few differences between the two.
- In general, Carrara tends to be grayer with softer veining, while Calacatta is whiter with bolder more dramatic veining.
- Calacatta is rarer than Carrara and is considered a luxury stone.
- With Carrara marble the gray veining tends to be smaller, more linear and finer.
- Carrara also tends to look more gray
- Ask for at least three samples of the current lot to see the shade variation.
Photo Source: Emily Ruddo, Kallista & Urban Archeology