I am back on COCOCOZY.com guest posting about a few bookcase styling tips but you are getting the full tip list here friends. I must admit one of the favorite parts of my job is styling. Once I have found just the right accessories, putting them all together is super fun. The first thing I do is shop my clients own homes. I look for a theme in their interests and passions. Consolidating this inventory of items into a cohesive group is the trick for making bookshelves shine. Below is a full list of styling tips to consider in making over your bookcases or shelves.
Bookcase Styling Tips:
- Arrange your favorite things to display that show your guests who you are and edit out the rest.
- Consolidate items that are scattered throughout the home. Your collection will have more impact and look organized if grouped.
- Items you refer to regularly should be on reachable shelves for organization efficiency.
- Add something living to one of the shelves like fresh flowers or a small plant.
- Repeat similar shapes and colors on each shelf for consistency if you have a theme
- Colorful objects offer visual interest to a white back or mirrored back bookcase.
- Install lights for a moody nighttime show of your favorite objects.
- Glass shelving is great for shorter width bookcases and for allowing light to filter down
- To create dimension in small space or reflect light, install mirror on the back of the bookcase. Be sure to edit though because too many items will look cluttered with the mirror
- If color or a focal point is needed, use wallpaper on the back instead.
- For a bold statement, paint the bookcase a deep blue or gray.
- If your short on space, use labeled colorful boxes to store stuff in style and avoid clutter.
- Remove book jackets to see if a colorful and unique book lies underneath
Feel fee to send me any questions about styling your own home! Check out my pinterest page for more inspirational images.