The holidays are best enjoyed with friends and family and talking about decorating for them is no different. I was flattered that fellow Toujours Magazine editor and friend Lulu Powers invited me to participate on the Maison de Luxe Greystone Mansion holiday decorating panel on Friday. Lulu's celebrity chef experience and lifestyle advice will definitely give you the courage to try out new things this season. The panel also included friend and fantastic LA designer Hillary Thomas of Chic Shop and new friends Kate Martindale, Nina Freudenburger of Haus Interiors and Rachel Winokur of eTTa Designs.
We dished on some of our decorating and entertaining tips and I have summarized tips from all of these talented ladies for you to enjoy. After taking another stroll through the mansion, I included pictures of David Phoenix's dining room since we have entertaining on our minds. Be sure to pick up Lulu's book Food to Flowers for year round treats, tips and tricks. You can get additional advice from Lulu in issues of Toujours Magazine and her blog.
|Lulu brought some of her tips to display as she spoke.|
Quick & Easy Holiday Entertaining Tips:
1. Go to your local fabric store for a fun fabric for your holiday tablecloth. No sewing necessary in some cases. Or try using your favorite throw or blanket.
2. Use ribbon candy, acorns or spray painted pumpkins for your holiday table name card holder.
3. Display your favorite colorful candy in pretty bowls as decorative items and to keep things fun.
4. Putting plants or herbs from stores like Trader Joe's in colorful pots are inexpensive ways to add life to your table.
5. For parties like cookie swaps be sure to provide savory foods to go along with your sweets.
|David Phoenix Dining Room|
|Hanging with Hillary|
|With Lulu and Hillary|
I am so glad I went back to Greystone during the day because the outdoor grounds and the views were breathtaking. I will be back tomorrow sharing pictures of those views.